Silver And Gold Angel Food Cake
- 1 of 8 Position oven rack in lower third of oven. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 of 8 Mix 3 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons sugar in medium-size bowl. Sift remaining flour, 3/4 cup sugar and salt, twice, onto waxed paper.
- 3 of 8 Beat whites and juice in large bowl at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 4 of 8 Gradually beat in remaining sugar until glossy peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
- 5 of 8 Add yolks and rind to flour mixture in medium-size bowl. Beat at high speed until pale yellow and ribbon forms when beater is lifted, 3 minutes.
- 6 of 8 Fold sifted flour mixture into egg whites in 3 additions. Remove a third of whites mixture; fold into yolk mixture.
- 7 of 8 Alternately spoon yellow and white batters into ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Run thin, long knife through batter, swirling batters together.
- 8 of 8 Bake in 375 degree F oven 35 to 40 minutes, until golden and wooden pick inserted in top tests clean. Invert pan onto bottle to cool. Run thin knife around edges; remove cake from pan. Makes 16 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 16