Tex-Mex Beef Stew
- 1 of 6 In shallow dish, mix together flour, 2 teaspoons Ancho Chile Powder and the salt. Coat beef cubes with flour mixture. Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
- 2 of 6 In a large pot or Dutch Oven, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat. Add beef, working in batches to avoid crowding pot; cook, turning, until all sides are browned, about 5 minutes. Set meat aside on a platter and repeat.
- 3 of 6 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pot. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring to keep garlic from burning, until onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in reserved flour mixture from Step 1.
- 4 of 6 Stir in beef and any juices, beef broth, stewed tomatoes and oregano. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 5 of 6 Add carrots and remaining teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder; simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Add corn-pepper mixture and chiles; heat through.
- 6 of 6 Serve with cooked brown rice and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Makes 6 serviings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 46 g pro., 628 kcal cal., 18 g Fat, total, 70 g carb., 5 g sat. fat, 105 mg chol., 7 g fiber, 1080 mg sodium