Strawberry Linzer Cookie Tart
- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sugar and walnuts.
- 2 of 7 Stir in whole egg and yolk. Work into ball; divide dough in half. Press half of dough into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch nonstick tart pan with removable bottom.
- 3 of 7 Bake at 400 degrees F in bottom rack of oven for 10 to 12 minutes until barely colored.
- 4 of 7 Meanwhile, roll remaining dough between sheets of parchment or wax paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Put on baking sheet; freeze 25 minutes.
- 5 of 7 Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Spread jam over baked tart bottom. Remove top piece of paper from chilled dough; cut into 1-inch-wide strips. Arrange over jam in lattice pattern, without weaving, about 1/2 inch apart, piecing strips if necessary. Press ends of strips to edge.
- 6 of 7 Brush egg over pastry; scatter almonds around edge.
- 7 of 7 Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until browned. Cool on wire rack. Gently remove ring; dust tart with confectioners' sugar.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 2 g fiber, 84 mg sodium, 383 kcal cal., 8 g sat. fat, 6 g pro., 40 g carb., 24 g Fat, total, 66 mg chol.