Corn Bread Dressing
- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat two 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dishes and one 9 x 13 x 2-inch dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2 of 7 Stir together corn muffin mix with eggs and milk. Divide batter between square baking dishes and bake at 400 degrees F. for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely on wire racks. Cut corn bread into 1/2-inch cubes and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- 3 of 7 Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until slightly crisp. Remove from oven and let cool. Leave oven on 400 degrees .
- 4 of 7 Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, then transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- 5 of 7 Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat and place saucepan over medium-high heat. Add corn and onion and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, celery, sage, salt, pepper and cayenne to saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- 6 of 7 Add the broth and bacon to saucepan and stir to combine. Add corn bread and stir gently until liquid is absorbed.
- 7 of 7 Pour contents of pan into prepared 13 x 9-inch baking dish and bake at 400 degrees F. for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 73 mg chol., 13 g Fat, total, 53 g carb., 0 g sat. fat, 11 g pro., 378 kcal cal., 1188 mg sodium, 2 g fiber