Sunday Roast Chicken
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 450 degrees .
- 2 of 6 Gently lift skin from breasts and legs and season chicken with 1 tsp of the Montreal seasoning. Place lemon and garlic slices under skin.
- 3 of 6 Place chicken on a rack in a large roasting pan. Roast at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees . Roast for 50 minutes or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees .
- 4 of 6 Meanwhile, place vegetables on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with olive oil and remaining 1 tsp Montreal seasoning. Place in 350 degrees oven and roast for about 45 minutes or until tender. Stir after 25 minutes.
- 5 of 6 Pour out all but 3 tbsp of the pan drippings from roasting pan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute; whisk in chicken broth and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 3 minutes, until thickened, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Strain.
- 6 of 6 Serve chicken with gravy and vegetables.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 514 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 26 g pro., 271 kcal cal., 8 g Fat, total, 77 mg chol., 2 g sat. fat, 23 g carb.