Sweet and Spicy Beef Stew
- 1 of 5 Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 Place onion and garlic in bottom of slow cooker. Season beef with 1/2 tsp of the salt, the cinnamon and cayenne; place over onion. Scatter sweet potatoes and fruit bits over top; add tomatoes and 1 cup of the broth.
- 3 of 5 Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- 4 of 5 Pour liquid from slow cooker into a small saucepan and bring to simmer. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup broth and stir into saucepan. Simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened. Add remaining 1/2 tsp salt and stir mixture back into slow cooker.
- 5 of 5 Serve stew with cooked couscous and sprinkle each serving with peanuts.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 67 g carb., 3 g sat. fat, 56 mg chol., 12 g Fat, total, 538 kcal cal., 719 mg sodium, 38 g pro., 7 g fiber