Butterscotch Apple Cheesecake
- 1 of 2 Mix crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon by hand in medium-size bowl or in food processor with on/off pulse motion until crumbs are evenly moistened. Cover your hand with plastic wrap, and press crumb mixture over bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Wrap outside bottom and sides of pan with aluminum foil. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- 2 of 2 Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 1 of 3 Mix together flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Beat cream cheese in medium-size bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add butterscotch sauce and brown sugar; beat until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture and vanilla until smooth. Fold in diced apple.
- 2 of 3 Scrape filling into springform. Place larger baking pan on oven rack; place springform in larger pan. Add hot water to larger pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- 3 of 3 Bake in 325 degrees F oven 1 hour. Turn oven off; prop oven door open slightly with wooden spoon. Let cake cool in water bath 1 hour. Transfer springform pan from water bath to wire rack to cool, about 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 1 of 2 Melt butter in medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced apples; saute 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add sugar mixture to skillet; cook until sugar melts, 2 minutes. Whisk apple juice and cornstarch in small bowl. Add to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and caramel colored, 2 minutes. Pour onto cooled cake, spreading evenly to edges. Refrigerate until topping is cooled and set, about 2 hours.
- 2 of 2 To serve, remove side of pan. Slice cheesecake into wedges.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 398 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 26 g Fat, total, 60 g carb., 8 g pro., 493 kcal cal., 16 g sat. fat, 126 mg chol.