- 1 of 6 Bring to simmering juice, sugar, grenadine, cinnamon and allspice in saucepan. Add pears; poach for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender. Remove with slotted spoon to bowl.
- 2 of 6 Boil liquid 10 minutes to reduce to 1 cup. Whisk in dissolved cornstarch; cook, whisking, until thickened. Cover and reserve sauce.
- 3 of 6 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Unfold pastry; roll to 11-inch square. Cut out four 5-inch hearts. Place on prepared sheet. Cut scraps, into Xs, Os and hearts.
- 4 of 6 Bake large hearts in 400 degree F oven 12 minutes, cutouts 6 minutes, until golden. Cut out centers of hearts, without going through bottom, leaving 3/4-inch sides.
- 5 of 6 Grind nuts and sugar in processor. Add butter and liqueur. Whirl until paste. Spread in centers of heart.
- 6 of 6 Cut pear halves in half lengthwise. Cut each quarter lengthwise into thin slices, leaving attached at stem end. Fan out pears; arrange 2 quarters on each tart as pictured. Spoon reserved sauce on serving plates. Place hearts in center; surround with cutouts. Garnish with mint. Makes 8 servings (half tart).
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 415 kcal cal., 5 g pro., 150 mg sodium, 12 mg chol., 50 g carb., 23 g Fat, total