Michael Tyrrell's Mahogany Roast Turkey
- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2 of 4 Season turkey cavity with salt and pepper. Stuff with onion, carrots and celery. Tie up legs or tuck them into flap of skin. Place turkey in a large, deep roasting pan; roast at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- 3 of 4 Whisk soy, maple syrup and butter in a bowl.
- 4 of 4 Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast turkey at 350 degrees F, basting every 15 minutes with soy sauce mixture, for 1-1/2 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 180 degrees F. Remove from oven; tent with foil.
- 1 of 1 Scrape pan drippings into a fat separator. Pour de-fatted liquid into a medium-size saucepan. Add chicken broth and wine. Whisk in flour and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
Servings Per Recipe: 14
Per Serving: 776 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 9 g carb., 117 g pro., 775 kcal cal., 8 g sat. fat, 428 mg chol., 26 g Fat, total