Savory Sausage Sauce
- 1 of 5 Saute onion and garlic in oil in large skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Crumble turkey sausage into skillet; saute, breaking up pieces with wooden spoon, until slightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- 2 of 5 Stir in diced tomatoes, half-and-half, salt and pepper; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3 of 5 Dissolve cornstarch in water in small bowl. Gently stir into sausage mixture. Add peas; cook until heated through.
- 4 of 5 Meanwhile, cook ziti in large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm but tender. Drain well.
- 5 of 5 Transfer ziti to large serving bowl; top with sausage sauce. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 3 g fiber, 9 g Fat, total, 47 mg chol., 0 g sat. fat, 20 g pro., 80 g carb., 403 kcal cal., 830 mg sodium