stuffed sweet peppers
To Assemble and Freeze:
- 1 of 4 Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg substitute, diced onion, sage, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- 2 of 4 Fill each pepper half with an equal amount of the turkey mixture. Place in prepared baking dish.
- 3 of 4 In a large bowl, combine marinara sauce, tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour over peppers.
- 4 of 4 Wrap tightly, label and freeze for up to 1 month.
- 1 of 3 Thaw in refrigerator for 2 days.
- 2 of 3 Heat oven to 375 degree F. Bake at 375 degree F for 55 to 60 minutes or until sauce is bubbling, peppers are tender and filling registers 155 degree F on an instant-read thermometer. Cover with foil; let sit 10 minutes.
- 3 of 3 Serve warm with boiled new potatoes and spinach salad.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 955 mg sodium, 15 g Fat, total, 32 g carb., 3 g sat. fat, 27 g pro., 75 mg chol.