Eggplant & Tomato Gratin
- 1 of 6 Place tomato slices on paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Place more paper towels on top. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat top of tomatoes to remove as much liquid as possible.
- 2 of 6 Coat both sides of eggplant with nonstick cooking spray. Heat broiler.
- 3 of 6 Broil eggplant slices on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 5 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 4 of 6 Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the bottom. Arrange eggplant and tomato slices, alternating, around baking dish and down center in a single layer if possible.
- 5 of 6 Sprinkle casserole with oregano, basil, garlic and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with half-and-half. Top with both kinds of cheese. Cover with foil.
- 6 of 6 Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes or until cheese is golden. Cool 10 minutes, then serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 34 g carb., 21 g pro., 300 kcal cal., 9 g fiber, 974 mg sodium, 25 mg chol., 9 g Fat, total, 5 g sat. fat