- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut top off head of garlic; remove loose skin. Brush cut end of garlic head with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Wrap head in aluminum foil.
- 2 of 6 Roast garlic in 400 degrees F oven for 50 minutes or until garlic is softened. Let cool. (This can be done ahead and refrigerated.)
- 3 of 6 Place the 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F to 115 degrees F) in glass measure. Sprinkle yeast over the water; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Then stir to dissolve yeast.
- 4 of 6 Meanwhile, squeeze garlic pulp from cloves into small bowl.
- 5 of 6 Whisk together flour, rosemary, salt, and sugar in large bowl. Make well in center. Slowly pour yeast mixture, roasted garlic pulp and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil into the well; mix the liquid into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until dough comes together. Turn dough out onto well-floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 6 of 6 Place the dough in an oiled bowl; turn the dough to coat with the oil. Cover with clean kitchen towel; let rise in warm place for about 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in volume.
- 1 of 4 Heat oil in skillet. Add spinach, bacon and salt; saute 5 minutes.
- 2 of 4 When dough has risen, punch down. Sprinkle cornmeal over 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan. Firmly stretch dough to fit pan. With fingers, make dimples over dough. Spread with spinach mixture. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 45 minutes, until doubled in volume.
- 3 of 4 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Sprinkle cheese over top of dough.
- 4 of 4 Bake focaccia in 400 degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until the crust is browned and the cheese is bubbly. Cut into 12 pieces.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 10 g pro., 233 kcal cal., 4 g sat. fat, 18 mg chol., 10 g Fat, total, 27 g carb., 655 mg sodium, 2 g fiber