- 1 of 6 Wearing plastic gloves, cut stem end off jalapeno peppers with paring knife. Carefully remove seeds and white membrane.
- 2 of 6 Stuff peppers with cheese.
- 3 of 6 Heat oil in deep-fat fryer to 375 degrees F or in large pot until it registers 375 degrees F on deep-fat frying thermometer.
- 4 of 6 Meanwhile, place eggs in small bowl. Place crumbs in shallow pan.
- 5 of 6 Drop 4 peppers in eggs; toss to coat. Using fork, lift 1 pepper at a time out of egg, shaking off excess. Drop into crumbs; toss to coat. Place on sheet pan. Repeat 5 more times with remaining peppers. When all peppers are coated, set aside for 15 minutes to set up and dry.
- 6 of 6 With slotted spoon, slip peppers, 5 or 6 at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Remove to platter lined with paper toweling to drain. Repeat with remaining peppers. Serve immediately. Makes 24 poppers.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Per Serving: 34 mg chol., 0 g fiber, 2 g sat. fat, 108 kcal cal., 125 mg sodium, 6 g Fat, total, 4 g pro., 6 g carb.