- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut eggplant crosswise into 18 slices. Pat dry with paper toweling. Spread out more paper toweling for blotting. Mix together flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in shallow dish or onto waxed paper.
- 2 of 4 Heat 1/4 cup oil in each of 2 large skillets over medium-high heat. Dredge each eggplant slice in flour to coat both sides.
- 3 of 4 Fry 2 or 3 slices of eggplant per skillet until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to paper toweling to drain. Repeat until all slices are fried, adding more oil as needed.
- 4 of 4 Mix cottage cheese or ricotta, Cheddar cheese, parsley, marjoram and remaining pepper in a bowl.
To assemble stacks:
- 1 of 2 In large baking dish, place 1 slice eggplant. Spread on 3 tablespoons cottage cheese mixture; top with eggplant slice, 3 more tablespoons cottage cheese mixture and final slice of eggplant. Repeat with remaining cottage cheese mixture and eggplant to make 6 stacks. Sprinkle with crumbs.
- 2 of 2 Bake, uncovered, in 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with Fresh Tomato Sauce. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 706 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 21 g carb., 35 g Fat, total, 456 kcal cal., 17 g pro., 31 mg chol., 8 g sat. fat