Roasted Vegetable Pie
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 In a large bowl, add cauliflower, squash, parsnips, carrots and pepper. Toss with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Spread out on the baking pan in a single layer. Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- 3 of 5 Meanwhile, place the broth in a medium-size saucepan and stir in the cornstarch. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 1 minute until thickened. Stir in the thyme, oregano and remaining salt and pepper. In a large bowl, gently toss roasted vegetables, bread crumbs and sauce.
- 4 of 5 Fit one of the piecrusts into a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cheese over the bottom. Spoon in vegetable mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese. Place the second piecrust on top and crimp crusts together. Pierce a few times with a paring knife to vent. Brush lightly with the egg-water mixture.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 425 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 1.801 mg iron, 5 g sugar, 0.061 µg Cobalamin (Vit. B12), 2 g Polyunsaturated fat, 80.774 mg calcium, 5 g fiber, 6 g sat. fat, 0.307 mg Pyridoxine (Vit. B6), 8 g Monounsaturated fat, 88.7 µg Folate, 18 g Fat, total, 0.156 mg Riboflavin, 24 mg chol., 2.172 mg Niacin, 360 kcal cal., 0 g Trans fatty acid, 59.048 mg vit. C, 5 g pro., 0.178 mg Thiamin, 46 g carb., 580 mg Potassium, 9183.553 IU vit. A, 534 mg sodium