Salmon & Spinach Bake
- 1 of 6 Place spinach in a glass pie plate along with 3 tablespoons water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH power 3 minutes. Uncover and drain carefully. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together the rice, spinach and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- 3 of 6 In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the sour cream, egg, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- 4 of 6 Set aside 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Combine remaining sauce (a generous 3/4 cup) with the rice-spinach mixture. Stir until well coated. Transfer to the prepared casserole, spreading level.
- 5 of 6 Place salmon, skin side up, on a cutting board. Peel off skin, and flip over. Remove any bones with tweezers. Slice crosswise at an angle into 1/2 inch thick slices. Fan slices over the rice mixture.
- 6 of 6 Thin reserved sauce with 1/2 teaspoon water. Drizzle over salmon slices. Top with remaining tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until casserole registers 150 degrees F on an instant read thermometer. Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature before serving. Makes 4 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 948 mg sodium, 24 g carb., 24 g Fat, total, 471 kcal cal., 38 g pro., 177 mg chol., 8 g sat. fat, 2 g fiber