Sausage And Corn Risotto
- 1 of 5 Bring water and broth to a simmer in medium-size saucepan; keep at a low simmer.
- 2 of 5 Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add crumbled sausage; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Add rice; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to coat rice. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until all the wine is absorbed.
- 3 of 5 Add 1/2 cup simmering broth mixture; cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until all the broth is absorbed. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking in same manner. This should take 20 to 25 minutes total.
- 4 of 5 Add tomatoes; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Lower to medium-low heat; stir until all liquid is absorbed and mixture is creamy.
- 5 of 5 Stir in corn; heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses, salt, pepper, basil. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 459 kcal cal., 4 g fiber, 16 g Fat, total, 61 g carb., 17 g pro., 6 g sat. fat, 905 mg sodium, 35 mg chol.