- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine crushed chips and melted butter in a medium bowl. Stir until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch fluted quiche pan, or on the bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate.
- 2 of 6 Bake crust in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 3 of 6 Meanwhile, add meat to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to break apart lumps, for 4 minutes or until pieces are no longer pink. Add chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper and cook 1 minute.
- 4 of 6 Add green pepper, mushrooms and scallions; lower heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5 of 6 Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over the baked crust. Top with the meat-vegetable mixture. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Pour over meat mixture in dish. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 6 of 6 Carefully transfer dish to 350 degree F oven. Bake quiche 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and cheese on top begins to brown. Remove from oven. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 21 g pro., 11 g carb., 351 kcal cal., 1 g fiber, 338 mg sodium, 11 g sat. fat, 25 g Fat, total, 270 mg chol.