Turkey and Pepper Moussaka
- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 of 7 In large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add red and green pepper strips; saute 8 minutes. Remove to medium-size bowl.
- 3 of 7 In same skillet, cook turkey and onion, stirring to break up clumps, until turkey is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Carefully drain excess liquid from skillet.
- 4 of 7 Meanwhile, drain tomatoes; discard juices or refrigerate for other uses. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, cinnamon, salt and pepper to turkey mixture in skillet; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5 of 7 Sprinkle 1/3 cup bread crumbs over bottom of 3-quart oval baking dish. Arrange half the pepper strips over bottom. Layer with turkey mixture; top with remaining bread crumbs and pepper strips.
- 6 of 7 In medium-size bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, feta cheese and eggs until well blended. Spread the mixture over the entire casserole. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 7 of 7 Bake, covered, in the 375 degree F oven until bubbly around the edges, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven; carefully remove the foil. Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil casserole until topping is browned, about 3 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 18 g carb., 188 mg chol., 27 g Fat, total, 13 g sat. fat, 3 g fiber, 1260 mg sodium, 37 g pro., 464 kcal cal.