- 1 of 5 In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, so that garlic does not burn.
- 2 of 5 Add olives, stewed tomatoes, lemon juice, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Break up tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer.
- 3 of 5 Add the fish to the simmering sauce and tuck fish in so that it is covered with sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Turn fish gently; cook 3 more minutes, until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
- 4 of 5 While fish is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan. Add spinach and remaining salt and pepper. Cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Serve fish with wilted spinach topped with the avocado slices. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 3 g sat. fat, 73 mg chol., 19 g Fat, total, 25 g carb., 36 g pro., 402 kcal cal., 1481 mg sodium, 7 g fiber