Vietnamese Caramel Salmon
- 1 of 6 Set an oven rack 6 inches from heat source (usually the second rack position, not the one closest to heat source) and turn on broiler.
- 2 of 6 Brush salmon all over with oil and season lightly with salt.
- 3 of 6 In a 12-inch oven-safe skillet set over medium-high, combine brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lime zest and juice, black pepper and 1 tbsp water. Bring to a simmer.
- 4 of 6 Place fish, skin side up, in skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer, without moving fillets, until fish is halfway cooked, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 5 of 6 Spoon pan juices over fish and transfer skillet to oven. Broil until fish is just cooked through and skin is caramelized in spots, 2 to 5 minutes for medium-rare, depending on thickness of fish.
- 6 of 6 Transfer fish to a plate and garnish with scallions, jalapeno and cilantro. Drizzle with pan sauce.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 1440 mg sodium, 393 kcal cal., 5 g sat. fat, 16 g Fat, total, 0 g fiber, 19 g carb., 41 g pro., 18 g sugar