Whoopie Pie Bundt Cake
- 1 of 8 Heat oven to 350 degrees . Liberally coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with spray. Set aside.
- 2 of 8 Chop 8 oz chocolate. Microwave 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Cool while starting cake batter.
- 3 of 8 In a stand mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Add 2 cups sugar, beating until smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in eggs, one by one, until blended. On low speed, beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- 4 of 8 In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt. On low speed, beat in half the flour mixture followed by milk and then remaining flour mixture. Spread into prepared Bundt pan.
- 5 of 8 Bake 55 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a cooling rack and remove pan. (If cake sticks to pan, don't force it. Flip back over and let cool in pan 15 more minutes. Gently run a spatula in between cake and pan and invert again.) Cool completely.
- 6 of 8 When cool, trim level and slice in half horizontally.
- 7 of 8 Beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup heavy cream and a pinch of salt until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip 1/2 cup heavy cream. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and spread into middle of cake. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 8 of 8 Finely chop 4 oz chocolate and place in a small bowl. Microwave 1/2 cup heavy cream for 40 seconds and pour over chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Remove cake from refrigerator. Pour chocolate ganache over cake, letting it drip down the sides.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 8 g pro., 280 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 42 g sugar, 31 g Fat, total, 64 g carb., 541 kcal cal., 18 g sat. fat