Yankee Pot Roast
- 1 of 6 Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 6 Place onion and garlic in slow cooker. Season beef with salt and pepper; place over onions. Arrange carrots, potatoes and celery around beef, in that order. Combine broth, tomato paste and thyme; pour over beef. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce over top.
- 3 of 6 Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- 4 of 6 Remove beef from slow cooker and place on a serving platter. Spoon out vegetables with a slotted spoon and place around roast. Keep warm.
- 5 of 6 Strain cooking liquid into a medium-size saucepan; skim off excess fat. Bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and stir into saucepan. Simmer for 1 minute until thickened. Stir in remaining tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 6 of 6 Slice beef and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 72 mg chol., 7 g Fat, total, 3 g sat. fat, 20 g carb., 38 g pro., 304 kcal cal., 2 g fiber, 337 mg sodium