Honey Wheat Bread
- 1 of 5 Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- 2 of 5 Mix water, honey and sugar in bowl. Sprinkle with yeast; let sit until foamy, 10 minutes. Add powdered milk, shortening, egg, salt and cumin. Add flours.
- 3 of 5 On floured board, knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl; turn to coat. Let rise until doubled, 1 hour.
- 4 of 5 Punch down; halve. Flatten each half into rectangle. Place in pans. Grease top of loaves. Let rise until doubled, 1 hour.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 375 degrees F until hollow-sounding when tapped, 40 to 45 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: