- 1 of 8 Combine 2 cups whole-wheat flour, 1 cup bread flour, yeast and salt in large bowl.
- 2 of 8 Heat water, honey in saucepan until very warm (125 to 130 degrees F).
- 3 of 8 Gradually beat water mixture into flour mixture at low speed. Stir in remaining whole-wheat flour and 1 cup bread flour with wooden spoon, 1/2 cup at a time, to make soft dough. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- 4 of 8 Knead dough on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, working in 1/2 cup bread flour as needed to prevent sticking. Shape into ball. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes.
- 5 of 8 Divide the dough into four equal pieces. Roll each piece on floured surface into 14-inch-long cylinder. Place 2 tablespoons cornmeal on waxed paper; roll the cylinders in the cornmeal.
- 6 of 8 Sprinkle each of 2 large baking sheets with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Place 2 baguettes on each sheet. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
- 7 of 8 Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place remaining 3 tablespoons bread flour in a small sieve; sprinkle evenly over loaves. Cut four 1/2-inch slashes into the top of each loaf.
- 8 of 8 Bake in 425 degree F oven 20 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove to wire rack to cool. Makes 4 baguettes (12 slices each).
Servings Per Recipe: 48
Per Serving: 15 g carb., 2 g pro., 2 g Fat, total, 68 mg sodium, 0 mg chol., 78 kcal cal.