No-Bake Cake Balls
Makes 20 cake balls
See full recipe: No-Bake Cake Balls
Finely crumble an 11.5 oz prepared chocolate loaf cake (such as Entenmann’s) into a large bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup canned chocolate or vanilla frosting, pressing crumbs together with a silicone spatula to make a dough. Between your palms, roll 1 tbsp dough into a ball. Place on a parchment-paper-lined sheet pan and repeat until finished. Refrigerate 15 minutes before dipping.
• Place 1 pkg (12 oz) bright white and 1 pkg (12 oz) cocoa candy melts (aka candy discs or wafers) in 2 bowls. Add 1 tsp vegetable oil to each bowl.
• Microwave each at 50% for 1 minute. Stir and continue to melt at 50% in 30-second increments until a few lumps remain.
• Stir until smooth. Repeat with 4 oz each red and pink candy melts.
- Marbling: To get the marbled effect on the cake balls seen on previous page and on cover, drizzle contrasting coating colors over base coating color in bowl before dipping. (Watch the above video to see how it’s done!)
- Stripes: For contrasting stripes (see cake ball at lower right), let base coating dry completely, then drizzle on second color.
- Sugars, jimmies & glitter: These all need to be sprinkled on immediately after coating so they’ll adhere. They look best on a single-color base. If opting to use jimmies on the brownies, sprinkle them over the batter before baking.