Winter Comfort Food Recipes
Moo Shu Pork Noodles
3 moo shu twists
- Sub in broccoli slaw for the cabbage.
- Make it gluten-free: Opt for oyster sauce instead of hoisin, and toss pork and veggie mixture with rice noodles.
- Add some crunch—stir in drained and chopped water chestnuts when you add the sauce.
Curried Lentil Soup
Tip: For an even brighter golden color (plus an inflammation-fighting boost), add 2 tsp ground turmeric to your soup.
Baked Rigatoni and Meatballs
Rigatoni not your family’s jam? Try one of these awesome swaps. We switched up the proteins and sauces too!
- Medium shells + pesto + heavy cream + medium peeled shrimp
- Orecchiette + sliced cooked sausage + roasted red peppers + marinara sauce
- Bow ties + shredded chicken + roasted garlic + Alfredo sauce
Stuffed Flank Steak
Make it work!
If you don’t have cotton twine for tying up the steak, use 2 skewers to hold the roll shut.
Skip the sweet potato wedges and sub in a bag of frozen sweet potato fries. Keep in mind: They’ll cook faster than the steak.
If you won’t have enough time after work to prep the stuffing and roll up the steak, you can make it a day ahead and refrigerate it (well wrapped) overnight. Add 15 to 20 min to roasting time.
Instead of rolling up the flank steak, buy a large sirloin steak and cut a pocket in the meat. Fill with as much stuffing as you can and secure opening with toothpicks or skewers. Season with salt and pepper and roast as per recipe.