9 New Game-Changing Self-Tanners
Find Your Formula: Lotion, Butter, Water
1. Lotion Consider this the bronze express. Rinse it off after only 10 minutes and it’ll last up to a week. Vita Liberata Ten Minute Tan, $39
2. Butter Ideal for dry skin, this rich cream provides mega moisture as well as subtle color. VersaSpa Gradual Tanning Spa Butter, $40
3. Water A light and refreshing option that dries instantly—just spray and go. Tan-Luxe The Water, $49
Find Your Formula: Drops, Oil, Mousse
4. Drops Customize your color by adding four to six drops to your daily moisturizer. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster for Body, $46
5. Oil No greasy residue here. The micro-fine mist goes on super smooth. For faster absorption, rub gently in a circular motion. Coola Organic Sunless Tan Dry Oil Body Mist, $46
6. Mousse This airy, blendable foam works best when used with a tanning mitt. Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse, $12
Create a buildable base with one of these glow-getters.
Pro Self-Tanning Tips
Perfect—and prolong—streak-free color with help from celebrity tanning expert Meredith Baraf.
- Bottoms up: Avoid drips by starting at your feet and working upward.
- Prevent orange hands by wiping palms, nails and cuticles with a makeup remover pad.
- Speed up the drying process by lightly blasting with a blow-dryer on cool setting.
- For longer-lasting color, moisturize twice daily, especially after swimming.