Photo by Andrew Stinson
1. Apply a CC cream all over face with fingers. This skin care/makeup hybrid evens out skin tone—look for one with SPF. Try Erborian CC Crème, sephora.com, $44.
2. Dab a cream blush onto apples of cheeks with fingers, then apply to lips. Try Stila Convertible Color in Magnolia, ulta.com, $25
3. Put on two coats of volumizing mascara. Wiggle the brush at the root of lashes before pulling it through—it makes them look thicker. Try Chanel Le Volume Révolution De Chanel, chanel.com, $35
4. Swipe a tinted brow gel over brows to instantly shape and fill in sparse spots. Try Juice Beauty Brow Envy Gel, juicebeauty.com, $22
Try this trend: Berry blush and lip colors are super flattering on all complexions.
Photo by Andrew Stinson
1. Apply a thin layer of primer to help makeup stay put throughout the day. There are many different types of primer—choose one that is best for your skin (e.g., brightening for dull skin). Add CC cream next. Try this primer: Honest Beauty Everything Primer Matte, honestbeauty.com, $22
2. Cover dark under-eye circles, blemishes and any areas that need more coverage with a creamy concealer. When covering blemishes, use a clean brush to prevent spreading bacteria. Try this: L’Oréal Paris True Match Multi-Use Concealer, lorealparisusa.com, $13
3. After you put on blush, apply a powder bronzer with a fluffy brush—look for a shade that’s slightly warmer than your skin tone. Move brush in the shape of the number 3: Start along hairline and sweep under cheekbone, then back out and under jawline. Repeat on other side. Try this bronzer: Jennifer Lopez Inglot Bronzing Powder, jenniferlopezinglot.com, $22
4. Before you put on mascara, add color to your lids with an eye crayon. Draw a simple straight line along the upper lash line or smudge the line with fingers for a smokier style. You can also use all over the lid as shadow.
5. Apply a long-wear lipstick. Try a creamy texture—not matte or super shiny—if you want a more classic look. Try Laura Geller Iconic Baked Sculpting Lipstick, laurageller.com, $21
Try this trend: Metallic eye makeup transitions easily from day to night. Just start light and add more later to intensify. Try NudeStix Magnetic Luminous Eye Color, sephora.com, $24
Have a little more time to play? Try one (or a few) of these quick beauty boosters.
Prep skin with a 60-second mask, like Glamglow Instamud 60-Second Pore-Refining Treatment (sephora.com, $42).
Apply gel patches underneath eyes to de-puff and hydrate. We love Patchology FlashPatch Rejuvenating
Eye Gels (patchology.com, $50). They work in 5 minutes!
Exfoliate lips with a lip scrub, like Sara Happ The Lip Scrub (sarahapp.com, $22). Lipstick will adhere better.
A makeup setting spray, like Flower Beauty Seal the Deal Setting Spray (ulta.com, $13), is a smart way to give whatever you apply staying power.