How to Apply False Lashes in 6 Easy Steps
We're helping you get ready for special occasions—hello, prom!—and any other day you want to feel extra lashylicious with six, easy-to-follow steps for applying false eyelashes.
Applying false eyelashes is simple—here are our six tried-and-true steps to perfecting them every time. Plus, check out the video below for a clear look, step-by-step.
- Curl your natural lashes.
- Apply mascara. We used L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara in Black (drugstores, $9).
- Measure and trim false lashes. We used Ardell Natural Lashes in 110 Black (drugstores, $5) and for the more dramatic look, the Battington Lashes in Hepburn (shop.battingtonlashes.com, $26).
- Apply adhesive to strip and let dry. We used Duo Eyelash Adhesive (drugstores, $4).
- Apply lashes.
- Add eyeliner. We used Milani Stay Put Matte 17HR Wear Liquid Liner (drugstores, $8). Try a cat eye look with our easy instructions.