1 of 6
Meet the Expert: Dr. Gervaise Gerstner
A board-certified dermatologist for nearly 15 years, Dr. Gerstner, mom to Grace and Olivia, recently opened her own medical practice in New York City. Her passion for "all things skin" led her to become the consulting dermatologist for L'Oreal Paris.
Personal Winter Beauty Saver: I focus on making my body look great—even underneath all those layers—by using glycolic acid pads on the backs of my arms and the tops of my thighs every few days to get rid of roughness and create a smooth texture.
Best Anti-Aging Tip: Steer clear of yo-yo dieting. Instead, do your best to keep weight stable. Every time you drop or gain more than 5 pounds, you lose volume in your face, creating a sunken appearance.
Favorite Bargain Product: L'Oreal Paris Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator
Length of Morning Beauty Routine: 8 minutes
2 of 6
1. Cleanse only at night, with lukewarm water (hot water dehydrates skin) using a cream formula. Skipping your morning wash allows your natural oils to nourish skin.
2. Try a facial oil—the latest versions won't clog pores or cause breakouts, says Dr. Gerstner. Since skin instantly absorbs it, your complexion becomes glowy, not greasy. L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil, $25, is a powerful blend of eight essential oils.
3. Protect your complexion year-round with SPF and antioxidants. (UV rays can cause damage even on the coldest days.) And don't skip your shades—sunglasses prevent squinting (hello, fine lines).
Expert Bonus Tip: Once or twice a week, use a gentle scrub. Exfoliation is super important in the colder months, especially for extra-dry skin. Sloughing away dead cells allows moisturizing creams and lotions to better penetrate and provide much-needed hydration, says Dr. Gerstner.
3 of 6
Meet the Expert: Kimara Ahnert
A celebrity makeup artist—whose clients include Julianna Margulies and Gwyneth Paltrow—and mom to Jonathan, Ahnert has her own makeup studio and a cosmetics line, available at kimara.com.
Personal Winter Beauty Saver: An oxygen facial at a day spa is my go-to treatment for instant wow. It perks up skin with a radiant glow.
Best Anti-Aging Tip: Forget the rule that mature women shouldn't wear shimmer. Today's formulas are finer, more reflective and luminous—they're perfect for any age.
Favorite Bargain Product: Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Flushed
Length of Morning Beauty Routine: 10 minutes
4 of 6
All Made Up
1. Add tinted moisturizer to your foundation to achieve an even skin tone without cakiness. Use a sponge (like Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, $6) for sheer yet flawless application.
2. Get a lit-from-within glow with a luminizing primer. It helps makeup glide on more easily and last longer.Try Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer, $13.
3. Make eyes really pop with an extra coat of mascara. Ahnert suggests using a curved wand for applying multiple layers and getting hard-to-reach bottom lashes. Lancome, Maybelline New York and her own brand, Kimara Ahnert Cosmetics, offer great options.
Expert Bonus Tip: Apply bronzer to accent your features, rather than creating an all-over faux tan. Swipe a fan brush along the hollows of the cheekbones and the sides of the nose as well as across the jawline and hairline, says Ahnert.
5 of 6
Meet the Expert: Gretta Monahan
Monahan wears many hats as a bicoastal hairstylist, owner of GSpa and GrettaCole spas and salons, and mom to Kai. She's also the author of the newly released Style and the Successful Girl.
Personal Winter Beauty Saver: I take baths several times a week with a few drops of pure argan oil for added hydration.
Best Anti-Aging Tip: Long layers are flattering and youthful, no matter the cut. Avoid severe styles or unnatural colors, which can age you.
Favorite Bargain Product: L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes
Length of Morning Beauty Routine: 20 minutes
6 of 6
The Main Event
1. Swap out clear shampoos and conditioners for creamier, more moisturizing versions. "Think of it like switching over your closet," says Monahan. "You wouldn't wear lightweight fabrics in the dead of winter."
2. Prevent flyaways and static with a BB cream for hair. Apply before blow-drying to protect from heat damage, detangle, hydrate and more. It's a one-stop shop for smoother strands. Monahan recommends Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme, $6, which leaves locks soft and manageable.
3. Treat your hair to a "facial" for greater shine and volume. Apply a moisturizing mask, like Goldwell Dualsenses Rich Repair 60 Second Treatment, $19, to dry locks, twist up into a bun and wrap a warm towel around your head. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse.
Expert Bonus Tip: Fight dryness with a hydrating winter cocktail for your hair. Add a few drops of oil—Redken Shatterproof Shine Diamond Oil, $40, is a good one—to your conditioner to amp up the nourishing benefits. If you have thick hair, you may want to do with your shampoo too, says Monahan.