Tips for Wearing Jumpsuits, High-Waisted Skirts & Camis
How to Wear a High-Waisted Skirt
You bought this classic style a few years ago for its lengthening effect.
How it’s usually worn: With a loose blouse tucked in
Skirt, Eva Mendes Collection at New York & Company, $60
How to wear it now
- Option 1 (left picture): Pair a high-waisted skirt with a voluminous top that hits mid-thigh or above to instantly slim your lower half.Tip A flared top hides belly bulge. - Top, zara.com, $30 - Earrings, $28, and ring, $48, vincecamuto.com - Bracelet, alexisbittar.com, $165
- Option 2 (right picture): A higher waist allows you to rock a crop top without showing a glimpse of skin. Tip Avoid the tight-on-tight look. Wear a structured—but not form-fitting-—crop to balance the slim skirt. - Top, White House Black Market, whbm.com, $99 - Earrings, White House Black Market, whbm.com, $30 - Bracelet, michaelkors.com, $125
How to Wear a Jumpsuit
A jumpsuit is the edgier, more fashion-forward cousin of the sundress. You still show plenty of skin, but you’re covered up too. Plus, no need for shapewear when it’s a looser fit.
How it’s usually worn: Solo
Jumpsuit, lulus.com, $70
Tip: The right jumpsuit will drape loosely around your lower half but cinch at the waist.
How to wear it now
- Option 1 (left picture): Make your jumpsuit double as pants by pairing with a structured sweater. Choose one that hits just below your waist. - Sweater, anntaylor.com, $89 - Glasses, eyebobs.com, $89 - Bracelets, elvafields.com, $22 to $38 each - Shoes, C.Wonder, qvc.com, $99
- Option 2 (right picture): Take your jumpsuit to work—just slip on a silky tailored blazer to make it office-ready. - Blazer, loft.com, $118 - Earrings, alexisbittar.com, $195 - Shoes, Fergie Footwear, fergieshoes.com, $100
More Tips: Go From Day to Date Night in No Time
How to Wear a Silk & Lace Cami
Lingerie-inspired pieces are huge this season. A tank in particular is super versatile.
How it’s usually worn: For a night out on the town
Cami, caminyc.com, $178
How to wear it now
- Option 1 (left picture): Put your silk camisole front and center- by layering it over a fitted top or bodysuit. Tip: While we love the subtle color combo here, you can also try a lingerie-inspired top in a contrasting color (like black or navy) to make a stronger statement. - Arm Tights, spanx.com, $30 - Pants, White Fox, whitefoxboutique.com, $78 - Bracelets: colored, alexisbittar.com, $85 each; silver, gorjana.com, $120 - Ring, JAI, qvc.com, $150 - Shoes, Kenneth Cole, nordstrom.com, $150
- Option 2 (right picture): A cami under a button-front dress adds a hint of romance. Tip: If you need a little more coverage under a low-cut top or dress, a lacy tank will do the trick. - Dress, lulus.com, $67 - Belt, White House Black Market, whbm.com, $99 - Earrings, viasaviene.com, $195 - Necklaces, from top, Gold & Gray Jewelry, goldandgray.com, $98; tinytags.com, $95 - Shoes, Summit by White Mountain, nordstrom.com, $159
Update Your Handbags
Refresh your spring wardrobe with a new handbag (or a few!) in different shapes and sizes.
An evening essential, with a twist. Neutral and metallic stripes make it ideal for casual or fancy occasions.
Top Handleurbanexpressions.net, $70
A top handle gives a bag a distinctly ladylike feel. And the laser-cut detail gives it a little edge.
Fits all your daily necessities—and more. We love the scalloped trim.
Stay hands-free when you’re on the go. Plus, the bold color blocking on this bag makes it the only accessory you’ll need.
Bucket thedailyedited.com, $250
A perfect combo of structure and utility, and it’s super versatile—throw it over your shoulder or go crossbody. This pretty pink version can be monogrammed for free.